Thread: 2 questions
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 09:43 AM
srmifer

Re: Re: 2 questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

There is a bulb behind the wordd Cruise, behind the fog light symbol and behind the word Security, behind the defrost symbol and behind the red triangle on the flasher switch. All of these wear the "green condom" -- The little indent on both the cruise and the fog lights should light up gold (yellow condoms), as well as the indent in the rear defogger switch. In the security switch, the indent should have a red light -- this is an LED and shouldn't have to be replaced, but, can, with some work. It's fitted into a small foam rubber square with contacts (freaky, huh?). Nothing but the red triangle lights up on the hazard switch.

On the overhead, I would suspect a bulb for each switch. All of the words across the switchbank should illuminate. The sunroof switches do not illuminate.

Hope this helps.
I just replaced all my bulbs...there are two bulbs used for the overhead buttons. I believe there was a post about it just a week or so ago...here's the link... Replacing bulbs . Those micro lamps mentioned in this thread are the same lamps used in the dash buttons. They all light up...hazard, rear defrost, fog, cruise, security, parking lights, side mirror defrost...ooooh! and even that little directional pad for your power mirrors lights up!