Thread: 2 questions
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 09:04 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: 2 questions

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
#1: my car, when braking at slower speeds, like 20 mph and under, there is a noise like it is revolving with the wheels and it sounds like a wha...wha...wha... noise, slowing down the slower i go. i dont think its the rotors because i just had them machined, could it be the tires?
#2: i was wondering if anyone could post how many bulbs are needed to replace those behind the buttons in the above console and the ones behind the buttons near the steering wheel.
Can't help you with the wa wa noise, Pete, sorry. I'd say it was the wear indicators, but, as you just had the rotors machined, it would stand to reason you also had your pads changed.

There is a bulb behind the wordd Cruise, behind the fog light symbol and behind the word Security, behind the defrost symbol and behind the red triangle on the flasher switch. All of these wear the "green condom" -- The little indent on both the cruise and the fog lights should light up gold (yellow condoms), as well as the indent in the rear defogger switch. In the security switch, the indent should have a red light -- this is an LED and shouldn't have to be replaced, but, can, with some work. It's fitted into a small foam rubber square with contacts (freaky, huh?). Nothing but the red triangle lights up on the hazard switch.

On the overhead, I would suspect a bulb for each switch. All of the words across the switchbank should illuminate. The sunroof switches do not illuminate.

Hope this helps.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI