View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Well Ben bang for my buck comes in huge right here. E85 has a octane rating of 105 if I remember correctly. this alone will allow me to run more boost on stock internals without risking detonation. Those higher boost #'s along with Micheal's explaination of how much better ethanol enters, burns and exits the chambers will increase the engines perfromance dramatically and for a forced induction car do just as much as $7 per gallon 105 race fuel only ringing in at a glorious $2.25 per gallon. So bang for your buck is severley increased there. We are also testing components on the stock SVX fuel system to see how they hold up to extended exposure to E85 that has been contaminated with water. So this should also help those that fear this fuel come to terms with the fact that we really should look somewhere else than the dinosaurs for fuel to keep our cars going. Not trying to deny that the fuel does burn at much less of a BTU per volume BUT there are gains that you are merely hiding behind these disadvantages.

Tom

Not hiding one bit. Remember propane would be a much better choice and CHEAPER than E-85. Longa$$name seems convinced that e-85 is the same is race ethanol (which it isn't and never would even come close). There's this certain equation that Einstein came up with that proves the truth about E-85. Sure there's advantages and disadvantages to everything. Ethanol isn't the answer since it takes more than a gallon of gas to produce a gallon of ethanol. Why else would Bush support it?

Still waiting for you'r proof there L... Oh right YOU'RE WRONG SO THERE ISN'T ANY!