Thread: Turbo Question
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
TMIC=Junk, or trade for a FMIC, just part of the package deal... you think it will spool up too quick huh? I have been talking with other turbo pros and they said it takes longer and more to spool up than a T3/T4 hybrid and they seemed to think it would suite the bill perfect, they said with the power I want to make and where in the power band it should actually be a pretty good match. He said as follows:"the TD04 is a great turbo, and even better when it has been modified like the one you talked about. Personally I would install this turbo and then once you feel comfortable with the process and the car itself with boost, run a GT40 and you will be happy with the huge power it will put down, if your looking for that kind of thing." and I lied to him, I said I had the deal on the turbo used from a JDM car(which it is) for 575 for the turbo and IC... and he said that was a steal, so I think it should do alright... Im not looking for insane power, I am looking to perk it up and to keep some of my reliability, so I dunno, this seemed like a better route than every other turbo shop had recomended.

Chris