View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 02:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to rayford
All wheel drive shutter, binding

A few weeks ago I replaced the "C" solenoid in my transmission and that cured my problem of the rear wheels not pulling, but after a couple of days I got the binding ,, kind of jerky feeling on turns in town,, I read several posts on the subject in the forum and some were suggesting using a limited slip differential additive in the transmission, while others were not thinking that might be a good idea. I emailed Amsoil and this is what they replied with "In response to your inquiry, AMSOIL Slip Lock Differential Additive (ADA) was developed exclusively for the clutches used in limited slip differentials. The use of this product in any other application is not condoned by AMSOIL Inc. It has not been tested or approved for alternate uses. Owners that experiment with unauthorized applications do so at their own risk" so I found a Transmission additive at the local parts store, it is LubeGard. I put that in my transmission and so far there is no shuttering or binding, not that it might not come back but as of now it is working fine, If anyone wants to look at the LubeGard website it is,, WWW.Lubegard.com , This is just for information but it seems to work and it is made for transmissions..
Vernon