Thread: I found one!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 05:38 PM
#073 of 301

Well, I went and test drove this car. I finally got to check it all out in person. Its a Canadian SVX with Kms instead of miles and such.

Good Stuff:
Its a Canadian SVX with Kms instead of miles and such.
Cleaner than clean, int/ext in phenomenal shape.
Leather is damn near mint.
Took it highway driving on Ice for ****s and giggles, it handled like a charm.
NO road noise. At 130-140 km/h it didn't really sound like we were even moving.
The windows kick ass, obviously. I just hadnt been behind the wheel to check it out for myself.
Car gets 32mpg. I drained the tank on the test drive heh.

Bad Stuff:
You guys werent kidding when you said this thing was slow on the acceleration from stop (but highway was niiiice).
Is it supposed to feel like you don't have brakes? lol
178,000 km... "oops i guess you misheard me on the phone"
Small chip in the spoiler (size of half a penny)
Wheel center caps all faded and ****ty yellow
No heated seats
No factory security system
I kept going for the (obviously non-existant) clutch.
"Tranny cooler? i dont recall if we did that when we did the transmission." so that means "No".
Only the front right wheel bearing done.
They wont give me sweet ****-all for my current car on trade-in

The worst part was some Executive from Air Canada (one of the BMW dealerships better customers) was in it for a test drive just before me, and he was lookin to buy it as a gift for his teenage daughter (god damn people with money). My landlord says the guy is comin in on Tuesday with his offer (~13k)... but I have "first dibs."

All in all, fairly impressed with the car, but they want too much money and Super Wallet Man will give em what they want for it, so it looks like I'm out of the runnin here. There will be more SVXs around, and I know that I'll be in a better position for one by next summer.

-Dan

Last edited by Dza; 11-14-2003 at 11:25 PM.