Old 06-15-2001, 04:55 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Makin' do

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
but opted instead for the SVX. the lexus was just too expensive and i never could find the color i liked. i had to settle for the SVX, go figure.
"Settle??" for an SVX. Who you kiddin?

Another motor in the same vein is the Nissan 300ZX twin turbo. These are more sporty and powerful than the SVX, but are lower on interior space. Likewise the Soarer is a bit short on space for such a big car. Typical coupe paradigm, more car with less space for more money.

If I get fed up with mechanical problems when it is time to change the SVX, I might look for a Nissan Skyline. Don't know if you get them in the States, but they are v. popular over here. 2.6 litre straight six with crazy horsepower, and a super-sticky 4wd chassis. How could you go wrong?

However, I am really taken with the body control of the SVX. The car can take bumpy and twisty back roads at 70 to 100 mph without a whimper. Really chews up the miles with no stress for the driver. The driving experience is probably closer to that of a Jaguar than anything else I am familiar with. But it also has the security of 4wd, which Jaguars never had until recently. It's an awful pity the gearbox cooling and the rear bearings are so under-engineered, otherwise the cars would have held their own against the Lexuses and Mercs of the world. As it is, they don't even rate as an also ran.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl