View Single Post
Old 12-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Talking Seeing as we've hijacked this thread too....

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

The newsman, at the radio station I worked for, was asked to draw the winners for an NCAA Championship Trip package. The deejay did a great build-up to the big moment. The newsman reached into the "hopper" and drew out the name, then, in his staunchest, most professional, "newsy" voice, announced: "And the winner is . . . Ben Dover and C. Howett Fields." The look on the deejay's face was priceless when chuckled nervously and said, "I don't think that's our winner. Draw another name." The newsman was adament, "no, it says right here Ben Dover and C. Howett Fields." The newsman, simply seeing the words and not "hearing" what he was saying, was totally unaware that anything was "strange" with the name. The deejay announced, "we're going to go to commercial, and we'll have this straightened out when we get back." Once off the air, the deejay took the slip of paper from the newsman and asked him to listen closely as he read the name. The newsman's eyes became as big as saucers and his complexion went a deep and shiny red as he realized that, not only had he read this tawdry material to thousands of listeners, but, that his credibility had been tarnished. As he left the room in a zombie-like trance, reeling from the realization and embarrassment, the deejay looked at me, I looked at him, and we burst out laughing -- he had to play another commercial set to give him time to regain his composure. The deejay drew a legitimate name after the commercial break. The newsman, after that experience, would have nothing more to do with things outside his realm of the news.

I used to pretend to have mic trouble everytime I got to the sports page and had to read Martina Navrátilová .... Glad I was on radio..... (of course with this face.... I HAD to be in radio!!) One day the station manager walked in as I was reading the story off the wire.... Saw me flick the switch off and on while I read her name...... after he got off the floor.... he made me practice her name during every commercial break I took for the next week......
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .