View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 02:42 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 914helo View Post
That unknown connector mysteriously has no voltage, even with the ignition key on. As for the ECU, I bought it on this site and I did add ECUtune stage 1. Is there an easy/quick way to tell if an ECU is good? I will check the J1 connector. I have checked the voltages on the ECU and a couple were a little off. Both for the by-pass air control solenoid valve were different than the pinout. B62/2 was very high (14V) and B62/1 was very low (1.5V). This is the Idle Air Control Valve, right? I will check this again, as well as the neutral switch and parking switch, with both read 4.7V, instead of 0 or 8.
It is unlikely to be a problem with the ECU or the stage 1, but we are running out ideas. Since you are a customer of LAN, and he is the ECU expert, I suggest emailing him to ask for an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
If the memory is corrupted or the memory adaptor is faulty the ecu simply won't work at all. You won't get a check engine light with the key on, you will hear relays clicking wildy and know to turn the key off, and the car wouldn't start at all.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II