View Single Post
Old 04-21-2002, 02:24 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

I had a Toyota Corolla too with a starter problem. I was the original owner and when the starter went bad I put in a rebuilt. Actually hung out at the place with my son until it was done. It lasted about 3 months and went dead again. I got another rebuilt and that one lasted about 6 months and went dead. I took that one apart and the bearings had come apart. Then I got a rebuilt starter from Toyota and gave the car to a friend.

Since I haven't heard of many SVX starter problems I would go with a new one or Subaru rebuilt from Japan and not from a local rebuilder. It isn't worth the trouble. What did you pay for the starter?

On the a/c system there is a little window on the dryer unit near the ABS control. Do you see bubbles in the window? Maybe the system is leaking?

Yosh you are brave. Jacking up your car with the e-brake off! The rear dif is okay. Like Beav said it would be making a lot of noise. I also have scared myself doing this on the rear wheels and the front wheels with teh car in neutral.