View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Who watches the watchmen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Jesse,
Welcome to the club! Hate to tell you, but the NOS isn't going to help you in autoX
In terms of "most bang for your buck", I'd suggest doing the following (in the order listed):

1. Get either "sticky" street tires (Azenis) or R-Compound (Kumho VictoRacers or Hoosiers) tires -- check Ebay for "slightly used" ones. Go about 10 lbs higher in pressure in front (ex. 45psi F / 35psi R)
2. Adjust your Koni inserts - you'll want the fronts softer than the rears due to the car's understeering bias
3. Adjust your ground control springs to lower the car - see if you can't get to a shop that sets up race cars so you can corner weight your car by adjusting the GCs
4. Get a good autoX alignment done - try -1.0 degrees of camber - front and back - for starters (yes, you'll have to get camber bolts for the rear) with 0 degrees toe.

Other suggestions in mind....figure these will keep you busy for a little while...

-Bill
Great advice! Personally, I would be a little more agressive with the camber settings. -1.5* to -2.0* would really help. Plus, if you get serious and want really good r-comp tires, I recommend Kuhmo V710. What a tire! And they make them in stock 225/50/16 SVX size.

Don't get too caught up in the mods. Seat time will yield the biggest improvement. Once you no longer get the "sea of cones" feeling then you can get down to fine tuning the car.

Check out the pic below for some good advice. I would link the pic directly but it contains a bad word.

http://teamwtf.org/gallery/albums/al...cklist_v10.jpg