View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 08:50 PM
SVXtra

I think I'm going to sell my HDR on e-bay. I've been having some reliability issues as of late. Such as the time, I re-energized when my flex coil was slightly out of sync. And I found myself at a KKK rally in Selma Alabama circa; 1947. Trust me,that was not too cool. Or the time, I mistakenly installed the reserve power coupling in backward and wound up on the 30 yard line of a New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins football game! Thank goodness the teams were playing at the opposite end of the field when I materialized. But,it was quite embarrassing at the time to say the least. I suppose, I could increase the voltage from 9 VDC to 120 VAC but I really don't like the idea of the extra long extension cord that would be needed. My only real question is, why does Mr. Gibbs [the inventor] insist on installing late 20th century Chinese components on a time machine that was not invented until 2375? And just to give you an idea of the poor overall quality of the components used in the HDR. I opened up the trans warp fibulator several days ago and found the power coupling controlled by a circuit board stamped "Atari Games Systems Copyright 1983". The only real solution I can see is to use dilithium crystals. But they won't be discovered for about another four hundred years. And will be used mostly to power the warp engines in Star Ships.

Last edited by SVXtra; 07-20-2005 at 09:41 PM.