View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 11:02 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: yepee ! car is back .but have ??

Quote:
Originally posted by solarsvx
well i got the svx out of the shop aftera week of geting the transmsion redone.. costed around 1,600 for everything..
including a rear motor mount that was toast.

the torque converter was going bad and cluch packs .. along with a brass fiting that was broken that sent pressure to the RWD cluch packs causing the RWD never to kick in.. i put up posts abought this concern. the FWD was spining but the RWD never kicked in.

well he said the reason the transmsion went bad was due to a TPS sesnor sending a wrong signal out "volatge" has any one ever heard of this hapeneing wouldnt a check engine line turn on.??

he said that if i dont get it replaced soon it will fail again also i wil see better preformnce from the enigne..

i have never heard of a TPS causing this..send wrong voltage out,, is this true or is he giving me aline of b.s ?

he said the part was aroun 250.00 from subaru..

any ideas or input would help me out =>

other wise the transmsion shift awsome, kicks in nice and drives like its brand new. and verry glad to have my baby back .
Solar,
I'm afraid this could be true. Mine was giving me a 2-3 flare and the transmission shop replaced the TPS to make it go away. According to the tranny tech, the signal was within "tolerance," so, it didn't output a "code" to the system. At any rate, the flare went away after it was replaced.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI