View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: this is puzzling and was wondering if anyone could shed some light

Any used automatic transmission you get is just going to break again and will still be slow and sloppy when thrown into an svx. The people who do the 4.44 swaps have to immediately adjust the brake band just to get them to shift right with each install because of the increased slippage the boxes have when bolted into a heavy SVX. OT almost refuses to install 4.11's because the change in gear ratio isn't enough to make up for the weaker clutches and it's hard to get them to shift right. The simple truth is that switching to any other transmission is a downgrade. The only reason people have been swaping in different autos is because that's what they could afford. The SVX transmission has the strongest clutch pack assortment of any phase one 4eat and I'm selling my partial rebuilds which are a huge upgrade over the oe transmission so inexpensively that there's really no reason to even consider going some other route.

I rebuild and upgrade SVX transmisions so they no longer have the weaknesses which cause them to fail. My tansmissions shift smoothly and lightning fast.