Thread: power loss
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 12:18 PM

Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie59 View Post
Just a small update. I decided to drive the car over to the dealership today with my wife following in case of any problems. Boy was that an adventure. Before we left I tried to check the engine to see if there was anything obvious. When I revved the engine there was a rattling sound like a bolt was running around inside the engine. I'm sure it wasn't but that is the best description. Started out ok but very soon into the 15km trip the car lost power. I started out at about 40 km/hr went down to 30 and by the time I turned into the dealersip I was lucky to get over 5kms an hr. I did not think I was going to get there for a while and then I didn't think I could make the turn across three lanes of traffic to get her into the dealership.... Could be transmission still but the way the engine was running I think it is more likely an engine problem.... But I will find out soon enough
You made it to the dealer ok!! I also drove mine to the dealer... about 12 miles or so over there.

mostly on the freeway. got it up to 75 on slight downgrades, but any hint of an upgrade, reverted to the freeway shoulder and about 30 mph tops!

An SVX gets some funny looks at 30 mph on the freeway and trying to get over to the shoulder.

Best of luck,
Keith