Thread: Hi Everyone!!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 AM

I don't know to much about the XT6, I know I have seen maybe 3 in person in the past, 1 of which was unsalvagable at a pick n pull... Aren't those more rare then the SVX?.. Even still, a built XT would be nice and cool, But it's still not what i'm going for..

Yes I know the size of both the honda and the suby.. But when you brought it up, I wanted to double check some images, so I didn't start talking out of my ass..

the "tunnel" that runs under the accord is deep and wide enough to house the drive shaft and rear section of tranny.. However, after further inspection The area to house the bellhousing will need to be modified. So that is where the Impreza L chasis comes into play.. I can cut out the house tunnel from the impreza and modify it to the accord.. I don't believe that will be a major issue.. (i say this because we've made temporary "convertables" out of 240s and eg hatches, just to instal a rollcage, and We lowered an entire driver floorboard 2 1/4" so a 6'7 driver could sit comfortably in the fixed driverseat with a helmet on.)

The chasis of the accord is going to undergo major modifications anyways.
It will be entirely stripped, attached to a rotisserie and glass beaded, inside and out, washed and clean.
Then the entire chasis will be spot welded and I'm going to instal the most unobtrusive rollcage I can make, to fit with whatever interior I decide to use. Also any other major modifictions that need done at the time, tunnel widening, spare wheel well removal, etc..
After the spot welding, the undercarraige, trunk and engine bay will be molded, contoured and smoothed with carbon kevlar before recieving it's prime and paint.
The undercarraige is also going to get an extensive treatment of xbraces and extra support to counter body flex.

Jade