View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftToCarz View Post
First off, Thank you..

I plan on mounting the engine and gear box in the honda, the same way it mounts in the subaru.
Being as all major components, ie: motor, diff, lower suspension components mount at both front and rear sub-frames. It's as simple as modifying the body to accept the cross members and put them at the correct position. Relocation of the gas tank, and removal of the wheel well are the major modifications.. The real math, and specifics come when it's time to fabricate mount point for the upper suspension parts.
I do not forsee a problem with drive shaft clearance in the "tunnel". But I really wont know if that will need modified until the actual fitment process.
Even the subaru steering rack will be utilized, I just have to modify the shaft to work with the rack.

Hope that answers your question
Jade
Have you ever LOOKED at the SIZE of the transmission tunnel in an AWD Subi?? I could stuff a Hemi clutch packed 727 Mopar trans in there without a ball peen hammer! You would have to rebuild the floors and everything to replace 'rinky-dink with REAL parts!

Yea, I've played with Hondas too.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry