View Single Post
Old 05-17-2001, 06:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Seraphim,

Let me reiterate what a wise old SVXer (Frankie B.) more than once said; "Toyo Proxies". I have their T-1S tires on my car. These are a high performance tire. They are strickly summer tires that are fantastic in rain. I have about 15,000 miles on them and project around a 30, 000 mile life. In Delaware we don't get much snow. But these tires performed well in about 6" of snow this past winter. The tread is a chevron pattern and these tires are directional. They seem to have 2 separate rubber compounds on the tread. When they were new, the tread was a soft compound, gripped like glue, and was very quiet. Now that they're worn down the tread compound is harder. The tires still grip well, but they are not as fantastic as before. And they have become very, very noisy. The 4 tires cost ~$730- which includes mounting, balancing and NJ 6% sales tax. Next, I will probably try Yoko AVS-db's. Many SVXers have & like them. They are supposed to be extremely quiet. Or I may get Dulop D60 A2's, which also seems to be popular with SVXers.

Larry III