View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 07:23 AM

Thanks all for your input. I tried the power disconnect like he said, but still had the idle issues. If its cold it will stay up jsut below 2000 untill it warms up, and shut the car off and turn it on again. When i adjusted the TPS I cleaned it at the same time hoping that will solve it as well. Wich it does, I don't get the shifting issues like i used to. Its just now i have the idle issue and cruz control issue.

If i don't use the cruz control, there are no shifting issues. Its only when i use the cruz it sometimes downshifts. Now something i didn't mention before (because i'm so used to it i forgot about it) but when i shift from 1st to 2nd it kicks out of 2st. and you can feel it unless you take your foot off the gas when its about to shift. So its that another indicator of that band adjustment you talk of???

Now on the weekend i also tried to clean the throttle body with the cleaner, it did help but it still has the problem of idle.

Thanks again for all of your input. I will look into the band adjustment and still thinking about the idle. Could it be the IAC?? read similar stuff but i don't know where any main components are in the car. I think i jsut found the ECM the other day. I'm still learning my way around. I am also trying to wire a remote starter in the car. And trying to get a good wiring sheet and locations. They say use the Yellow wire from the ECM for the Tach sensor. But there are like 5 yellow wires going to it. There is a bigger yellow wire, i think thats the one to use. But i'm just guessing here, if anyone knows about that install . . . . . (pictures help alot )