View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 02:17 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
President, VP etc are the official of the "SVX World Network" Organization. (www.svxworldnetwork.org). President, VP etc do not have any say on how the forum is run (in most part since they don't own the forum in the strictest sense of the word) but they do carry some weight -- That is according to my understanding of how things run here. SVX World Network and the forums are closely tied to a degree. The svxworldnetwork.org when formed, started from this forum. Since the forum is running, why have a separate forum etc. We'll call it our living room and the other site is more of our entry way.

The server(www.subaru-svx.net) is run by Chris. He is the admin of the server. Along with Chris, there are a couple of people who run the back end. They are the one who can shut down the whole server, upgrade the forum software etc.

The forum is also hosted on Chris's server. He is also the admin of the forum. Along with Chris, we have (Mike)green95SVX and (Colin)sith who have admin powers on the forum. What that means is that they can ban people, assign mods, remove mods, make new forums etc as well as move threads, kill threads, edit thread and such amongst other forum related things like back up forum etc.

Then we have mods. They are Todd, Earl, Nick and Doug. Those guys have limited powers. They can move, edit and delete threads.

Does it explain a little more?
Yep that is a great breakdown of the Chain-of-Command... But you forgot Matt (imortalsuby) as a moderator He's representing those of us in the SouthEast...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...