View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: hazard lights work but, blinkers don't!

I found my problem after a couple hours troubleshooting.

First I replaced the turn signal relay as suggested, and it did work briefly until I took it for a spirited drive. I noticed that when it was shifting from 1-2, it seemed that the engine stalled a little, but really that was the connector shorting out at that time. I later noticed that the signals weren't working again

So..I went home and I went to the FSM and followed where the current from the fuse went, and disconnected everything along its path under the dash/steering column but still no good. The only thing left was the reverse switch from the transmission. I reached under there are moved things around, and woot, all was good again.

It was the twin connector that goes to the transmission, at the rear of the engine bay. Since long ago and a few transmissions, the clips that hold those connectors in place broke off, so the connectors were just floating around there. It seems that one of them moved just into the right place to short out the reverse light circuit.

Now I'll put everything together and zip tie the trans connectors down and should be all good.

So lesson learned, zip tie down the transmission wiring connectors if your clips are broken.

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com