View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 01:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy'sSVX
Re: Opinoins on good laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Yes. I am strongly thinking of replacing my desktop with an iMac.

I know where you are coming from with this question, but to be honest, I never play "games" on a computer, I have no interest in gaming, and I suspect that more than 80% of computer buyers are like me. We couldn't care less if we never saw a computer game.

What I do care about is that the computer is fast and competent at computer things, word processing, spreadsheets, email, web browsing. That can't be too much to ask, can it?

It's very likely that PC makers and Microsoft are so focused on early adapter high end gamers that their primary goal is now graphics ability and this so-called multi media experience, and to the detriment of us plebs who just want a computer. One that works.

I'm going to take charge of the calls to Dell, and if they can't fix it to my satisfaction I'll be sending it back and buying a Mac for the money refund.

Joe
Good choice. My first computer was a compaq. Probably the biggest hunk of junk ive ever owned. My family had a dell desktop. Still in the same category as the compaq.

If i would HAVE TO buy a windows computer id go with a toshiba or a sony. But if you have the money, buy a mac.

I've had my macbook for 2 years and it runs just as fast as the day i bought it. My friend has had an ibook for almost 5 years and its runs just as fast as the day he bought it. Find me a windows computer that 5 years later, can still run half of what it ran the day it was purchased.

If you think about it its probably saving you money to buy a mac over a windows computer becuase they will probably last almost twice as long.

Just my opinion.