View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Well, the SVX is a great car...but it isn't very fast. I mean, ... just... don't race people. EVER. I've beaten a few civics, but BARELY. It's pretty crazy what types of cars will beat you: Jeep Cherokees, and... here's the real bad part about owning an SVX: THE FREAKING TCU. It sucks. Sometimes, you need to go a bit faster, so you hit the gas a little. It doesn't downshift, it just gives it more gas. But then you realize that isn't enough, so you give it a little more. So it gives it a little more gas....doesn't downshift. So then you realize that this REALLY isn't working, so you punch it to the floor. Waahhhh... nope. No downshift. Just more gas. Had you hit it from the beginning, it would have downshifted and thrown you into the back seat, but the stupid TCU...it's just obnoxious. I LOVE the SVX's style, quality, engine, suspension, handling, 'I don't care what the weather is' commando driveability, but the transmission sucks major donkey balls. I'm keeping mine alive so I can upgrade the suspension, stereo, exhaust, and body, but after that, I hope it dies so I can replace it with a 5 or 6 spd.

It's a great car, but it has MAJOR upsides, and some pretty big downsides. I like things like that. I'm happy with it!

- Rob