View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 10:17 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: AWD Closing the doors

As Tom has said, closing All We'll Drive was a difficult decision we are forced to make.

Over the past two years, I have had the opportunity to meet and befriend owners and enthusiasts of these cars, and assist many with their needs. I am grateful to those who brought their cars to us, and those that referred others to us.

I appreciate the opportunity I had to take my love for these cars and assist other owners with their questions and with their projects.

Ultimately, Tom and I have come to an understanding that these cars are truly a dying breed. I have cringed at countless posts criticizing SVX sale, parts, and service prices and have watched many members walk away from these cars, knowing that more people are thinking less of these vehicles day by day.

I too have had my doubting moments, but remain loyal to the SVX, even though it has cost me a great deal of financial and personal expense.

To those members that have been on these forums for a long time, or those members going above and beyond to maintain, restore, and renew your cars, I salute you as being motivation to pursue my goals in SVX vehicle and shop ownership. You have been an inspiration to others, including myself, to continue to own and maintain these cars.

Tom, Eric, and I wanted to be at the forefront of bringing the SVX back as a respectable car, by improving our methods, searching constantly for the most permanent and thorough solutions to common SVX woes, and by taking our products and services to the next level of quality, at great personal and financial costs to ourselves. We tasked ourselves with renewing and creating the respect and prestige that these vehicles deserved.

Perhaps our goal was a bit fantastic and fleeting, and out of reach.

Last edited by Mike621; 11-09-2009 at 10:26 AM.