View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Liv'n the hobo life

Question Advice on drop springs/ stock strut replacement

Hello

So after reading through many, many "older" strut/ spring threads and getting a better idea of my options, I was hoping I could get some advice

My suspension is creaking and groaning at me (and the road noise sucks!), so I need to get it replaced. I was interested in the Konis inserts and motorsport warehouse drop springs, but seems like it might not be the most "reliable" option with the leaking issues on the Konis. So at this point I was thinking of just getting the drop springs from Motorsport Warehouse and going through Sears (who is getting the parts from dealership, and quoted me a price of $1209 before tax for parts/install) for 4 stock replacement Struts. Sears said just bring the drop springs and they'll throw them on when they do the struts. So my question is: does anyone with experience with the stock struts and drop springs have any advice as far as performance/ ride quality increase? I really like the look of the drop, and am very curious if they work well with the stock struts replacements. I always could just go without the drop springs...but figured if it was worth it, now would be the time . Is there any other options as far as drop springs? Dayle's really sound to be a good choice and are listed on sale for $340 right now.

Thanks
01 Outback (DD)
89 XT-6 Newest Project
Representing Vancouver, WASHINGTON! woot!
My Locker