View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Re: Why our country is screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
All you folks who think people living on state assistance have got it made, why don't you quit your jobs and hop on the gravy train?

dcb
Morality? Self respect? Dignity?

After I was out of the service I was dumped at the front gate and told to have a nice life. I struggled finding a job where I was, and ended up working as a lathe operator for $9/hr, 14 hour days in a 100F factory with fiberglass particals everywhere from what I was doing. We made fiberglass pipes. I lost my job there due to a car problem and couldn't make it to work for 2 days. I went to the unemployment office and was denied for reasons they would not specify. A disabled vet with a wife and 2 kids to support, and I couldn't get any help to speak of. Not from the military, not from the state, not from the feds. They turned their back on me when I couldn't find a job and was on rough times, now that I have a job and am doing well, they're right back cramming their hands into my pockets to remove as much money as possible.

So much is wrong with this country, and I would love to move from it, but having kids and an ex-wife I am tied to where I am, for now at least. At some point it would be great, but not now.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!