View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjjensen
I got my car back.

The only thing we replaced was the lower control arm, balljoint and wheel bearing. Everything else looked alright, but the alignment rack tells a different story. Oddly enough everything looks good as far as toe, and camber - it's actually within spec with just the control arm.

But - the camber is off on the passenger side. The nominal range is 4.08-5.58, with a normal of 4.83 ...well the driver's side is 4.3, but the passenger side is 2.8 ....I can really tell a difference in that the SVX doesn't feel like it's got that same tear up the road around curves ...I was reading and caster has a big deal with this.

So - what should I do? The wheel is sitting back just a smidget from the caster value, but I'm not sure how I can pull it back. My bro said I'm beat and just drive it because the sub frame must be shifted. It's very upsetting because my SVX has now officially become my beater car. It's my only car now, but I don't see myself doing any upgrades to it anymore if the alignment is permanently off.

How about a caster camber kit, might that help? Ugh ...at least I got her back, drove 300 miles this weekend and felt great .....................but I can tell she doesn't hug as well as she used to

Mike. you are saying it is the camber, but quoting caster figures.
2.8 degs means the wheel has moved backwards, either the control arm is bent, or the sub frame has moved back. It may come good with a new control arm, and loosening the sub frame bolts, to allow it to move forward to its original position. Check the sub frame bolts for damage.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.