View Single Post
Old 08-23-2001, 01:16 PM
uconnscott

I tried securtiy fix

I tried the security programming method suggested by the moderator to no avail..........I put the car on.....then off, and quickley pushed the security butten (on dash left of stearing wheel) rapidly for a long time (30 seconds at most), but no horn beeping or cliking was present.....I then tried to hit the buttons on both my remotes as suggested, but nothing happend.

There was never any short beeps or cliks. I tried differnt variations Aredubjay's fix for over 30 minutes to no avail. I am schedualed to take the car in tomarrow to have the dealer look at it. Any clarification from anybody on how to get to programming mode would be very helpful.

As far as the CE light goes, I drove it all day and it didn't go on once.........It did yesterday and the day before though.......I am wondering if is is due to being at the shops for so long and now it will be all set.

Anyway I really appreciate all of the feedback. This site is outstanding. (having graduated with an MIS degree at UCONN I can really appreciate it). Unless I hear anything further I will drop the $140 and hopefully get things straight (then I have to attack that darned visor, it is sagging BAD). Also putting in all new speakers and CD/MP3 player Saturday, had to be done. I love the ride so much that I know it is worth all the money and effort.

Thanks again for the support!