View Single Post
Old 08-21-2001, 11:15 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Dood, maybe it's just me, and you know what my car repair history has been, but I've had O2 Sensors (left and right), knock sensors (left and right), IAC valve, and others showing up at some time in the past. Best to pull codes and see what it may RELATE to. For example, my IAC valve code was actually caused by an air leak going to the airbox above the throttle body.

The only things I've replaced relating to it is 1 O2 sensor and 1 knock sensor.

As for the security system, I've had the battery disconnected overnight, and it still seems to hold. But I guess it's possible.

I think I need to make an .mpg file for the remote programming too. Quite a few were confused by the posted instructions, and it's one of those things where a picture is worth a thousand words.

VK

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Looks like victor has taken care of the one question. More than likely, you've got a faulty oxygen sensor. That's what the CE problem usually is, but, run the codes to make sure.

As for the security system, sometimes when the battery has been disconnected for a long period of time, it will lose programming. Get in the car, turn the security system off (no blinking in security switch) and turn the ignition on (don't start the car, just turn the switch to the "on" position, and then, off). Immediately begin to push the security rapidly until you hear a couple of quick blips from the horn and a clicking coming from the glove box. Press the button on one remote twice (the horn will sound with each press to confirm receipt of the codes), then, press the button on the second remote three times (again, the horn will beep to confirm signal receipt), then, turn the ignition switch to the on position and off again to remove the system from "program" mode. Pretty simple, huh?