View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Re: Wiring diagrams for 96/OBD2

I really want to test the above theory about driving pin 80 in the ECU with a diagnostic waveform equivalent to the "Power Light" flashes one gets in an OBD1 car when you start the engine:

"If a malfunction occurs in any self-diagnosis components, POWER light will flash when engine is started and running for 8 seconds. Power indicator light will come on for 2 seconds and will either signal a self-diagnosis malfunction (blinking for 8 seconds) or okay signal (light will go out). If light does not flash after initial 2 seconds, system is okay. In case of malfunction, trouble code is output as light flashes."

I would like to get a copy of the wiring diagram for a 96 or 97 SVX. All I am working of off now is the wiring diagram of a 97 Legacy and the pinouts of the ECU and TCU for both OBD1 and OBD2 SVXs. Really, I just need to know which of the diagnostic wires from the TCU (B56 pins 11 and 12) go to the ATF Temp warning light and which goes to pin 80 in the ECU.

The waveform probably isn't quite as simple as that power up sequence quoted above but it may not be very different. Maybe the 2 second pulse is the same but the code number is sent after that if there is a problem so that the ECU know what the problem is instead of that there just IS a problem.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything