View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 09:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
since i have differential problems with my speedo gears my odometer hasnt worked since i bought it. the guy i bought it from never actually told me the odometer didnt work, i discovered it didnt work AFTER i bought it, i did know the speedo didnt work, but i never payed attention to the odometer until i went to do gas mileage. so i have 2 questions:

1. is the guy i bought it from responsible for anything? does he have any legal obligation to me? remember, he never told me the odometer didnt work, all he said was he had/has a car that the speedo doesnt work in and it could be the svx (he hadnt driven the svx in about a year, or so he says). he also told me the car had 140xxx miles on it, now i wonder how many it actually has.

2. if i ever decide to sell the car (if i do, the speedo will probably be fixed by then so the odometer will work) do i just have to tell the buyer that the odometer didnt work for x amount of time that i had it, or is there something you have to specifically do? thanks for any help, just thought id ask since this post is on topic!