View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
You bought the parts when you did because that's when they were available--that didn't mean you had to put them together
One quick question: Why would you even sell products that are still in development? Something as expensive as an engine build, that can be jeopardized so easily by a miscalculation not only on the part of the builder, but the software used? If a new version of the software is available that allegedly solves the issues being bought up, why has the customer not received the updated software...even if it's only to figure out if the software is creating the said issues or if it is in fact, something wrong mechanically?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yt
I agree that the components available now are of great quality and DO work. Its the lack of spending the $ to dyno tune anything right now that astonishes me that anyone listens. Your plans all work great in theory but you will never know until you test them.
As far as dyno tuning the software, tom does have a good point. Calculations are all fine and dandy, but your not going to get the best out of your software unless you can hook the whole kit and kaboodle to a dyno, and make minute adjustments between pulls to accurately pinpoint areas for improvement..rather than sending a customer off with several sets of software that *could* be better than the last, and seeing which one shows the best improvements. Sure, the trial and error method might work, but it just doesn't have the accuracy of a full on dyno tune. I think I understand your methodology, on a business aspect. You want to make it difficult for someone to copy the custom maps and reproduce them for free on an ems they can program themselves at a fraction of the cost, stealing well deserved business. Using a chip is also more cost effective than a full ecu, and less things can go wrong than wiring in a whole new engine management. I think a nice compromise would be to build a one off stand alone, go spend a day at the dyno with it and whatever your testing...weather it be software for a stock motor, or one with your other line of performance upgrades, making every little tweak possible to bring out the best, then copying the maps to the chips and resuming business as usual.

I know you've put alot of hard work and effort into making better performance software for the svx, but I just think theres more to be gained through tuning than your current methodology has been able to open up.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Last edited by It's Just Eric; 02-19-2008 at 12:47 AM. Reason: spell check likes to make words I didnt want :(