View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 06:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
NonSVX: 95 Sentra alternater fries twice?

I have a 95 Nissan Sentra 1.6L GXE

Just after putting the SVX away for long term storage (I need a 4 door, and good gas, and something that can get scratched), My Sentra has begun to shiz the bed.

While driving, my distributor rotor screw fell off, and killed the car. I replaced it, and the fuel filter (thought that was the problem). While trying to diagnose the problem, the car got flooded and washed the cylinder heads in gas. After having it towed in, and having a shop diagnose this final problem, they got it running again, but my battery light was on, and the Alternater was busted. after 150k miles, I took it as possible coincodense (SP...). A week later (and 300 miles), My NEW alternator started making a TON of noise, and the car wouldnt stay running. The Battery light is NOT on. Checked the current coming out of the alternator, and it was averaging around 9 volts. spiking to 11 everyonce and a while, and dieing to 0 too.

Took this as BAD. So I am getting a new alternator on monday. Before I install it though, is there anything that might cause an alternator to go bad like this? I dont want to blow another one.....
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!