View Single Post
Old 03-24-2002, 12:02 PM
Bagheera85

Each cylinder has it's own coil. All coils have been bench tested according to Chilton's manual, and tested good(I think slightly off what the specs were, but all coils were the same). I should also add, that it does this a LOT first start of the day, when it is cold. If I don't let it warm up, and I put it in gear and start to drive away, it will sputter, almost stall, then suddenly give me a burst of power, then sputter again.. basically making the car buck. For the past few months, it has been kicking into high idle when cold, and I let it warm up that way. The past week it has decided it doesn't need high idle, and therefore sputters down to a bare minimum RPM, shakes quite a lot. I can give it gas, and it picks up, but if I just hold the pedal steady, it will sputter again. To keep it from sputtering, I need to constantly increase the amount of pressure on the pedal. After about a minute, it is fine. It has stalled a few times on me, but on the whole, just runs like crap until it is warmed up.