View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyBeast
Don't get me wrong, I love the Z. But I've never liked those taillights. To me if you don't like something, you change it.

You have G35 wheels on your Z, what's the difference?
Fair enough, The G wheels are 17" as opposed to 16", which will allow me to do a big brake upgrade, and they are 7.5 wide front and 8 wide rear instead of 7.5 all around. The tires on my stockers were shot and I got these on ebay for less than $600 delivered with good tires, so for not much more that the cost of new tires mounted and balanced, I got the whole thing. I changed the tails on my car but to the '99 J-Spec (red and white), still a factory part, and added clear corner markers up front, also factory. So I'm not against a bit of visual updating of the look of a car. Though I 'm not a fan of major body work just for the sake of major body work. The "Z" tails are part of it's heritage, one of the things I find disturbing about the 350z are it's tail lights. Before you were born (early 80's, and age may have something to do with my opinions) I was driving my Dad's '74 260z, it had 2 horizontal bars for the tails, similar to those on the z32, "styling heritage" that relates past models to current, keeping it visually related even though it is a newer car.

Peace