View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
I thought the WS-6 upgrade also had some suspension tuning. You sure you have a solid rear axel?
Yessir, I am 100%, totally positive I have a live axle rear. Unless maybe it's an IRS in live axle's clothing?

The car rides like it has a live rear, sounds like it has a live rear, and most importantly LAUNCHES like it has a live rear.

And yes, there are small differences in the WS6 suspension. The sway bars are upgraded to 38mm front and 28mm rear (from 28/25mm). For 1998 and older cars, the WS6 included performance tuned Bilstein struts...however in 1999 that became standard on all LS1 (TA, WS6, Z28, SS) cars. Probably the most notable difference in the handling area would be the tires...245's on TA's and 275's on WS6's.

There are a handful of very lucky WS6's out there that were ordered with the optional 1LE suspension ($2000 option). This included SLP tuned struts, with progressive rate springs giving the car a 1/2" lower ride height, 42mm front swaybar, adjustable Lower control arms, and a Strut tower brace. These cars pulled darn near 1g on the skidpad. But they are very rare.