View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
My car, as you put it, was a fiasco for Subaru. They built a beautiful car nobody wanted. I may love the car, but since not many people agreed when it was on the showroom floor for $35k, it didn't sell. That's how it works.
We should agree on this then. I'm commending Ford for leaving the mainstream once and building a car the way it should be built. That's all.

Quote:
I'm not saying car manufacturers shouldn't take a risk once in awhile or make something off the wall. I'm saying don't chastise them for doing exactly what they exist for - making as much money as possible.
No chastising was done here. I commended Ford, i didn't "dis" any company in particular.

Quote:
Performance is more than horsepower. I'm not arguing with you, just reminding you. 500hp, great. But the ability to use that power for more than going in a straight line would really be something.
Performance is what makes a "sports car" great. Horsepower is what makes a "sports car" SELL great. Therefore, horsepower is what's important. I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying that's how it is.