View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 11:53 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Not going to be able to drive there

I came to the realization that I won't be able drive to Lafayette as I had planned. My own car is not reliable enough for the trip, and I couldn't count on having a new(er) one in time. Besides, I really wasn't keen on the nearly 9 hour drive there (and even more so, that long drive back home after the festivities were over).

So... a little over a week ago I booked flights from here to Indianapolis. I hadn't seen the post listing the event schedule until after I had done that, so I'm very happy that I decided to fly home Tuesday (rather than Monday night, as I initially considered doing), since that could have cut short my time at SIA.

I have a rental car for the duration. Wish it was a Subaru (never mind an SVX), but oh well. I did find a WRX available on turo.com (like Airbnb for cars). But that would have complicated things too much, so I went with a normal car rental agency.

I'm anticipating arriving in Lafayette around 7-8pm, and will be interested in meeting up for dinner with others who are there Friday night (after I check into my room at the Baymont Inn and Suites). We should start a separate thread for that.

And if anyone is interested in any Subaru wiring harnesses (for the SVX or any other models), let me know. Preferably via e-mail. If you PM me, tell me your e-mail address.