View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 03:34 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter
I have noticed sometimes that ALL the lights come on or go out.
Is this the same thing as burned out bulbs? or is there a switch in the unit that turns these lights on and off? Somtimes the unit brightens up on it's own and then dims. Similar to the pressing the bright button on the end of the blinker stalk.

Well anyway...... How do you know if it's the bulbs or some other switch thing in the unit?

I'm guessing (only guessing, mind you) that the anomoly you're talking about is due to some corrosion, or bad connection in the bright/dim circuit tied to the lights. Normally, when you turn on your lights, your display would automatically dim, and, when you turned them off, the radio frequency window ONLY would brighten and the rest of the lights go off (daylight mode). Perhaps some contact cleaner, or similar could take care of this problem, either on the inside circuit board, or in the connectors in the harness. Obviously, you wouldn't want to do this with the CD unit without covering the laser lens. As for knowing if the bulbs are burnt, you just have to watch, at night, for the lights coming on -- if portions NEVER come on, then, that bulb or, those bulbs, are shot. Perhaps I can snap a shot of the locations of the bulbs with my webcam tonight, if I can keep the rest of the fam off the computer for a minute or two.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI