View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 05:07 PM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
Yet more awesome dumb luck...

Today I was out sitting in a parking lot when I see what I think to be a lotus drive in. But it didn't really look like a lotus, the styling was wrong. After a few seconds I realized that it was a Tesla Roadster. I was waiting to sell something to a member of the local scooby club so I was still sitting there when the owner came back out of the store.

I'm always nervous to make comments because I've had owners of really nice cars be total assholes when you try to give their car a compliment. But I decided to say something anyway since I've never seen one of these things in person. What happened next made me totally speechless for a few seconds. (Not an easy thing to do). The exchange went something like this:

Me: Hey, awesome car. I've never seen one in person, you just made my day
Him: Thanks, I love it..... Hey, you wanna go for a ride?
Me:...........................uuhh um uh.....yes?

It was longer than that, but my memory is a bit fuzzy out of shock. If Bill Gates had walked up to me and handed me $1000 cash I don't think I would have been any more shocked than I was at the owner asking me if I wanted to go for a spin.

So my impressions... HOLY **** that car is fun. Instant torque and totally silent. I know these things, but it never really clicked until today when I got to experience it. That car is fast. It's defiantly not for large people though.

I've had a huge stupid smile plastered on my face all afternoon though. The owner was super nice and said something like "Hey, why have a car like this if people can't enjoy it."

That's the end of my story. I just had to come somewhere to gloat!