View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Looks and smells great.

Re: noob: Just bought my second SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownbot View Post
Toyota, Honda, and Nissan have all had great success in these lines. You are right about us being dumb in this country. We silly americans demand cars like these, that's why they are sold here. Could you see a doctor or lawyer driving a Toyota? Not likely, but a Lexus is a status symbol of their wealth. Ever wonder if Subaru created a line of cars like this? We are all familiar with our beloved 90's SVX but what Subaru did was try to sell a 30k car under a less than 20k nameplate. See what happened.....FIAL Now they are a much more respected and prestigious company than in the 90's, but back then they were sill cars for the "lower class" Too bad. Just my 2 cents
Hear, hear. It's like the old Mazda 929. It was at least as good as any Lexus or Acura, but it had the Mazda nameplate.

I personally think Subaru should have released the SVX under a new brand name of "Alcyone." Then it might have sounded fancy enough for us dumb Americans to purchase (I love my country, but sometimes the pettiness of my fellow countrymen gets to me ).
1992 LSL Pearlie: 108k, 15min/$15 mod, Alternator wiring "upgrade," Power Mode switch, K&N drop-in, 4500k 35w low-beam HIDs, 3000k 35w fog HIDs, lots more planned (pending funds, of course)- 4.44 5spd being at the top of the list.
"We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
-C.S. Lewis