View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 08:37 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKoP View Post
Thanks for the info Huck!

Anyway, I tried unplugging it and it made no difference. I could still hear the 'bearing" noise when I started it, had some gears for a little bit and then nothing again. I did however notice that the AT OIL TEMP light began to blink once the car had been running for a bit, so I'll guess that it is the pump that died and/or some serious blockage. I won't be able to do anything more until Monday, at which point I'm contemplating towing it to my mechanic to let him check it out.
Be sure that it is not the power light which is blinking.

Check the TCU self diagnostic system for possible stored trouble codes. Refer to the how too section for instructions. A dealer with a monitor should be able to do a more comprehensive test.

There are several components which could be causing the problem, all of which will throw a code and some do not involve great expense. There could be a blockage as is suggested and this could be confined to the valve body which can be accessed without removing the transmission.

In my book your problem does not appear to have expensive overtones. Your problem and one which is very real, is to ensure an honest diagnosis, rather than one aimed at your pocket.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!