Thread: ECU questions
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2001, 02:57 AM

Question CHeat codes WRX and SVX???

Hello
I heard someone mention about squealing tires in an SVX.
Well for one most of the time SVX doesn't DO THAT.
However a good Suby meachanic told there were some CHEAT codes for the NEW WRX's.. Someway, somehow these codes were entered with a select monitor and it Unleashed A great Deal of POWER. Power thought to be lost.. Now this is second hand info, and I have not verified it exactly.

THe Rumor is there are only about a handFull of people who know this or anythinga bout it. But there are suppose to be some Cheat codes for the SVX. APpearantly one of the VIP at SOA checked a lot of the cars out before distribution to dealers.. Supposedly the SVX would burn all 4 tires on pavement from standstill. I don't know who this guy was, but he made the call to have some of that RAW power bumped down a bit through the ECU... TO only think if we could unleash what may be hidden..
now before I get jumped on by every Tech out there. I know it sounds crazy. If not impossible crazy.
SOunded crazy to me... BUt Makes ya go hmm. If there are some cheats codes for the WRX, It's possible then there are some Cheat codes for the SVX.. WHich are probably burried with the HOly grail. From what this meachanic said it was guarded info.

THe flip side, having an SVX burn all 4's, I sure this woudl stress our poor Tranny's to an even SHorter lifespan.
MY info came from a 25 Year Suby Shop.

SO if anyone else has heard anything similar I would be interested in hearing this. As would anyone else..

GOta admitt it was a by most a neat rumor...........
SVX1999

by the way, I think he said the power increase for the WRX was like 70hps from stock. I'll ask him about it next time I see him.

Gee wouldn't it be nice to get a 70 hp increase on the SVX just by entering in a code yada yada yada nice dream huh.