Thread: Road Kill
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2001, 02:40 PM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:
Originally posted by lightning_8669

As far as off topic goes I don't recall this thread every being "on" topic So at least let me put something in about Subaru's. I had an 89 GL (don't go there eddycat) who's side view mirrors were great at sending stuff into the driver's seat. Had one very angry hornet get scooped up roughly by the mirror and sent down the back of my shirt. I probably looked pretty funny on the side of the road trying to get him out before he bit me any more.
Since we're talking about critters in the car . . .

I have a habit of taking my trash to work with me in the car and throwing it in the dumpster. Well, one day after work, I get in the car (the Legacy wagon) and as I'm pulling out I THINK I see something move just out of the corner of my eye down on the floor. Naw, I'm just seeing things, I think.
So I'm heading down the Interstate, and suddenly I get this sensation like something is rooting in between my back and the seat! Still, my brain won't accept the input - I'm thinking it's gotta be back spasms - ANYTHING else than something ALIVE in the car with me!
So a little further on, I catch a real glimpse of something black and furry on the passenger side mat - HIT FULL PANIC MODE!
Pull over to the berm, jump out, open all doors, hatch and start throwing out everything in car! (I wonder what passing motorists thought).
After prodding and poking a few minutes, I'm somewhat satisfied that whatever it was has moved on. Yet, as I get back in the car and continue home, I have an unsettled feeling, like I'm still not alone.
So now I'm home and pull into the driveway in front of the garage. Open all doors again for a thorough inspection, empty the car of EVERYTHING - and as I'm walking back out toward the car, here comes a little black MOLE running back into the garage from the car!
Apparently, it had crawled into the trash bag in the garage overnight, traveled to work with me while in the bag and had crawled out before I threw it in the dumpster.

jnj7707@yahoo.com