Thread: ECU questions
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2001, 02:08 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxboy
ECU questions

In the tranny, duty solenoid A is for line pressure and C is for Torque split, right? but what is duty solenoid B for? Possibly overdrive engagement? I want to install a switch on Solenoid C to allow full 50/50 torque split of the tranny. What are your thoughts. I also want to play around with the Tach signal that goes to the tranny. I want to monitor voltages in this wire that lead from the ECU to the TCU. If the correct resistor was installed, the TCU would essentially think the car is at a lower RPM, possibly causing the tranny to shift at a higher RPM. I am shooting for 7k instead of the 6.5k now. This should allow more power and less drop in power between shifts. I know the engine can take it, test versions have been revved to 9k for long periods of time with no damage. Lastly, I want to monitor the signal in the Engine Torque Control wire that leads between the ECU and TCU. I believe this is the signal that bogs our cars down at the lower rpms (take off speeds). If this was removed, our cars have the possibility to be much faster off the line. I know drivetrain wear would be an issue, but it would be nice to see what power this car has with all its electrical restrictors removed. Any advice or commets would be appreciated. I think I'll start messing with the ECU and TCU tommorrow night. Later, Greg
92 Teal SVX LS, Superwhite headlamps and front turn signals, Premier DEX-P1R Deck, A/D/S P850 and Earthquake 200DHC amps, PG Bass Cube, 3-10 in. Diamond Audio subs, A/D/S 346is front components, and Vifa rear 6x9's. B&M tranny cooler and temp. gauge. Flowmaster custom dual exhaust, Tenzo-R conical intake filter, JC Sports torque chip, and a Mid-Height wing for an Integra that fits perfectly and stands 6.5 in. tall. ART front and rear cryo/slotted rotors, SS brake lines and EBC "Green Stuff" pads. My email address= fastestsvx@yahoo.com