Thread: key wont turn
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 09:20 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonton
ive had a mysterious electrical issue in my steering column, and my battery died... whenever i turn the wheel all the way to either side a short kills the battery...

ive been trying to find the problem... and now my steering column is locked and i cant turn the wheel. I tried hooking up a battery and putting the key in the ignition so i could unlock the wheel, maybe start the car and watch the column to see what parts are moving, but the damn key wont turn...

it gets in ok, but when i start to turn it forward it is locked and wont move, and the car starts beeping. the car is definately in park, and i tried it in neutral too and get the same thing>.. whats the deaL??
Do you mean that the horn sounds? If so, it sounds(!) like the horn lead is involved. However this is grounded via the horn button to energise the horn, so will not be causing the run down battery. Some wiring has become tangled up. You will have to get in there and look for what is probably something which has come loose.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 05-20-2006 at 09:30 PM.