Thread: For Chike
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
the SVX is what Porsche should have built instead of the 928, with the 3.6 Turbo, 6 sp box and Porshe/Audi AWD. Even if they couldn't pack all that technology into the car without it weighing any less than 3600 lbs, a 350-400 hp engine would still provide stunning performance, even w/an auto. It will be v. interesting to see how ECUTune's supercharged 3.3 performs.
As far as I'm concerned the 928 is the anti-Porsche...ugly, overweight, gas guzzeling, ridiculously expensive to maintain and still only capable of carrying two people.
you don't get it - and you won't unless you've driven one.

ugly - that's a personal opinion, but i think they are beautiful cars.

overweight - no heavier than an SVX

gas guzzling - WTF? its a big V8, not a hybrid econobox

ridiculously expensive to maintain - i had mine for five years, and spent $90 for a coolant leak repair and $1200 for timing belt/h2o pump/spark plug service at a Porsche dealer. as with most performance cars, if properly maintained, can be extremely reliable. get one that wasn't, and it will drain your wallet. a good example is a beat and neglected SVX.

only capable of carrying two people - the back seats were no less spacious than the SVX rear seats. it was a 2+2, not a family sedan.

Quote:
The 928 is the answer to a guestion no one asked and a bloated monument to hubris, over engineering and egotism.
that over engineering appears in cars today - it was well ahead of its time. check out the engine/transmission layout in the new Corvettes - the 928 was front engine, rear tranmission in 1977. one of the first cars to have airbags. it had a variable induction system that can be found in modern cars.

egotism?

Quote:
There are a number of V8 powered cars that cruise, handel and stop well and are far less costly than a 928 in every way.
there are also a number of V8 powered cars that cruise, handLE, and stop worse .... and cost MORE.

it almost sounds like a 928 ran over your dog - why do you hate them so much?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Last edited by Landshark; 04-22-2006 at 12:53 AM.