Thread: The last UK SVX
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 06:01 AM

The problem here is the rarity of the car and to a certain extent the fact thaty we scare the bejesus out of the general public with stories of high cost repairs. In reality the SVX when compared to current cars it a relatively simple device. Garages can smell fear and often price accordingly. Only this week one of my customers was quoted £800 + vat so have a clutch fitted in a mercedes C180. Thats a £100 clutch and around four hours work! A great living if you can get it!! Either way, I've had a nice unmolested '95 SVx here now for ages. A '95 (N) UK car with 81k, service history, one owner plus the dealer from new. How many people have arrived to look at it? none, 0 bugger all! A real shame as these are absolutely beautifull cars in every respect. The Engine is possibly the nicest six cylinder ever to be fitted to a motor car and the styling is gorgeous. OK, so the gearbox on these cars is made of swiss cheese, its no biggie! Yes, it'll cost you £2k for a rebuild but a low mileage autobox from a WRX or legaxy will fit as long as you swap over the front diff and speed sensors. Identical and around £500. Remember that if you ask these recon sharks for a rebuild on a focus autobox they will charge you £1500. I digress. Anyone with £3800 burning a hole in thier pocket can come and pick up a very nice silver SVX here. I appreciate that I am contributing to the depreciation of the SVX..............and actually feel guilty about it!