View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
I would agree with Harvey and also the sheer cost of this would be through the roof!

I often thought, and still do, that if the lotto came up (Euromillions is up to 55 million!! About 110 million Aussie dollars!!) then an SVX would be off to ProDrive and I would settle for nothing less than a sequential gearbox, twin turbos or a whopping great supercharger 0-100kph in 5 seconds or under and damn the expense....

however

Mr Lotto has been very uncooperative and therefore I have to come back to reality.

The wave of torque that the SVX has is just brilliant - I would hate to loose that.

If you were keen on this, what I would suggest is a WRX conversion into a Vortex! Don't laugh! I came >-< this close to buying one a few years ago for $6000 (he had receipts for $14,000!! for the work) but didn't thinking that I would not know how to fix it....pretty silly actually, but anyways.....we went for a drive in it and it was an absolute rocketship...think of the lighter Vortex with full WRX running gear (engine, gearbox, drivetrain)....it tore down the road and just left me laughing in that 'we are going to die' sort of manner

There are a few around that come up for sale so that may allow best of the both worlds?? The guy selling it used to love it when a Rex or someother 'performance' car would come alongside and laugh/comment about the Vortex (most people think they are a joke in Oz - I think they are great!) and then just wave 'bye bye'

*memories of SVXing....agggggggggggggggh*

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!