View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 06:53 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
Does any ones car stall when the speed is above 20mph. Eg if you quickly clutch in and lift your foot off the trottle does the engine die. If you hit the breaks does that effect if the engine shuts down. When the pins on the ECU are left floating for example not connected to either +5v or ground they could drift between the two. Mine stalls some time for a couple of days then never for two weeks or more. Its a pain and we need to sort it out. If we can all run trials we should be able to figure the event or sequance that causes the engine to shut down.
Tony
Leaving an input floating is bad news, in that if the input has a relatively high impedance, the open circuit could induce extraneous noise. This would tie in with the sporadic nature of the problem.

As it would appear that the pin can not be grounded, a small capacitor of say 0.1 mfd connected pin to ground may provide a solution. It is possible that a capacitor as it charges at turn on, could close the input circuit for an instant, but the value suggested should not cause this problem.

As an alternative, a resistor of a value largely exceeding that which would trigger an input, could be tried.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 10-15-2007 at 07:22 PM.